Zofran Lawsuit Lawyers
Zofran Lawsuit Norman Oklahoma
If you took the medication Zofran® while pregnant and had a baby born with certain birth defects you may be entitled to financial compensation. Call us today to get the facts. Toll Free 1-866-777-2557 or fill out our online contact form and a lawyer will get back to you. There are certain time limits that may affect your ability to bring a case, so you must act quickly. There are no legal fees or costs to you unless you receive money at the end of the case. Please call us today.
Zofran Lawyer Norman Oklahoma
Zofran Lawsuit Settlements - Zofran Birth Defects Lawsuit
What is Atrial Septal Defect?
Atrial septal defect, often called ASD, is a congenital challenge which influences the heart. In this situation a hole occurs inside the wall of the heart between the two upper chambers. There can be many ways ASD presents inside the heart, and the degree of each may differ from minimal to life threatening. Depending on the particular degree, there are a wide range of treatment procedures used to address the problem.
Warning signs of ASD
Depending upon the nature and degree of ASD, the signals might not even be apparent in newborn babies, or they might end up being serious health problems for grown-ups. When adults first find indicators of ASD, it is not uncommon for them to be 31 years of age or even older. Some signals of ASD consist of:
• A shortness of breath (increasing in degree with exercise)
• Fatigue, from minor to critical
• Swelling in the hip and legs, feet, or mid-section
• Heart palpitations
• Lung infections at an extraordinarily bigger rate
• Heart murmur
• Associated medical conditions, such as other birth defects very often go in hand with ASD
The diagnosis of ASD
Atrial septal conditions are usually recognized at various stages for patients, through various methods of testing.
• Infants with some other health factors such as Down Syndrome may be clinically determined earlier on, even in utero, as medical practitioners review overall health more diligently.
• An toddler with a considerable heart murmur may well undertake an echocardiogram to figure out the cause of the murmur, and this evaluation may possibly indicate an ASD.
• Some men and women complete exams for some other health reasons and the ASD is identified through these medical tests.
• Patients who display signs and symptoms of ASD might have the diagnosis verified most frequently through echocardiograms.
• Other lab tests which will find ASD consist of chest x-rays, electrocardiograms (ECG), cardiac catheterization, MRIs, and CTs.
4 Variations of ASD
There are several types of Atrial Septal Defect, but only two of those are regarded as the usual manifestations of the issue.
Secundum: This is the most frequent form of ASD, impacting the center wall between the atria.
Primum: This is actually the second most prevalent form of ASD and it happens in the low part of the atrial septum. This type of ASD is most likely the sort to take place in combination with other congenital heart health challenges.